Friday, September 11, 2009

Everyone is Dead

Everyone is dead. I know this because it's been days since my phone calls and emails have been returned. It's not like I have time to wait for them. I have deadlines to meet and time is passing faster every minute.

It must have been a virus. I don't know where it came from, maybe some government chemical warfare experiment got loose. What I do know is that whatever happened... It left zombies behind. Not the typical, biting, flesh eating zombies, but game playing, Facebook zombies.

They email me daily, several times a day, each demanding gifts and help on missions. They can't stop their zombie minds from playing, and they spread like a disease. I see more and more of them signing up to play games, asking others to be friends, their personal lives grinding to a halt as the virus does its work. And it makes me sure in my knowledge that everyone else is dead. I may be the only uninfected human left on earth.

I must come up with an antidote. I must hurry because my deadlines are looming and I need healthy, living human beings. Humans... I miss them. I miss conversation, sharing ideas, and most of all, making money from them. Maybe... Oh my God... Could it be this simple? I could write a Facebook application. Yes, that's it! That has to be the answer!

I must retreat to the laboratory now. Time is of the essence! I will post more on the results of my experiments... Hopefully, there is someone out there, listening.

No comments: