Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Selling Myself, Murder and Scandal



I'm reading Girard's book right now. He really writes great stuff. This one is all about believing in yourself and getting motivated. Girard is always a great read, even though he's a car salesman!

I have another book coming in the mail. "Dial M: The Murder of Carol Thompson." It was a very big story in MN in 1963, billed as the trial of the century. I found some news reels on the web. Turns out one of the lawyers in my family tried the case. It was pretty cool seeing him on video. I had to order the book to add to the genealogy book collection. There was no choice!

I also just found out that one of my great grandfathers was involved in the McKesson & Robbins scandal, which was billed as one of the biggest scandals of the century.

It's amazing how boring I turned out with all these crazy genes in me, but I somehow think I got lucky...

No comments: