Thursday, January 14, 2010

Miles To Go

I'm tired. So far I've;
rewired and repaired the faulty wiring in the laundry room.
Installed wiring and a permanent light in the furnace room.
Put in two 3-way light switches in the stairway.
Took apart and cleaned the dryer exhaust. (Edwin helped.)
Took down the dropped ceiling in the laundry room.
Started tiling and repairing holes in the bathroom. (OMG, there is a lot of mold.)
Added a fire detector. Easiest job ever!
Repaired the carpet.

I still have to raise the kitchen sink, which is threatening to fall through any second as the supports have rusted through. Install a dead bolt in the side door and paint the windows, which luckily isn't due until June. Of course everything took longer than it should because the house is old and most things were repaired the wrong way. I'd start a project just to find out I had to go back to the hardware store, again and again. Happily, I'm almost done. For now.

I've also been working on the new business. Kevin has joined me and we've been eating up the rest of my time working on it, and I have to say it's going well. That makes me happy. But I am tired. And I could use some actual hard, cold cash. Oh, and some warm weather would be nice.

Did I tell you I started a diet? I am going to be so crabby. :-)

No comments: