Monday, June 22, 2009

The Move

Well, we did it. We finally moved. There are still a few small things at the house, and I'm going back to clean all this week, but the big stuff is done. And we're here.

We moved in on Saturday. It was the only day Edwin didn't have to work and there was only one show, so after a really long, hard day of moving he had to go do the show. I sat here on my butt and groaned. Kevin, Stacey, Dave and Emily helped. Stacey, who has health issues was in charge of Joco. Emily, moved the pictures and other delicate items in her car. The rest of us hauled everything else. We were all dehydrated from moving on such a hot day.

I'm a little nervous about what got damaged in the move. I know my sideboard took two gashes across the top. I just keep telling myself that anything that didn't survive I didn't really love. Emily had my camera and computer and Kevin had my keyboard, so I knew those were safe. The cats and the dog are here with Edwin and I, so everything else is just stuff, right?

Did I say how sore I am? It's whine time! I hurt. Yesterday, while Edwin had to get through two shows and an audition, I sat on my butt and watched Buffy Episodes on Hulu.com. I still hurt. I have bruises everywhere, some cuts scrapes and lots of swelling. I look like I've been fighting. I should make up a good story. The swelling is better today. My feet and hands are starting to show that they have bones again. But today it's back to work, and back to the old house to clean and get the little stuff that didn't make the move. I cannot wait until this is over. *deep breath*

No comments: